Butterfly Ridge Elementary School Redistricting Study: Completed Meetings: Round Three January 19 - February 6, 2017
FCPS invites the public to hear a brief presentation on several draft redistricting options and share comments at any or all of eight scheduled meetings. All meetings are open to all school communities, and cover the same information.
Your feedback from these meetings is important to us! Please send your comments to BRES.Redistrict@fcps.org
Feedback from these meetings will help the staff and Superintendent determine the recommended attendance boundaries that will be presented to the Board of Education in March 2017.
- Thursday, January 19, 7 PM: Lincoln Elementary
- Tuesday, January 24, 6:30 PM: Hillcrest Elementary
- Wednesday, January 25, 6:30 PM: Parkway Elementary
- Thursday, January 26, 6:30 PM: Orchard Grove Elementary
- Monday, January 30, 6:30 PM: Ballenger Creek Elementary
- Tuesday, January 31, 6:30 PM: Waverley Elementary
- Thursday, February 2, 6:30 PM: Tuscarora Elementary
- Monday, February 6, 6:30 PM: Valley Elementary
Presentations will also be shared with the Carroll Manor and Whittier school communities during their regularly scheduled PTA meetings.
Presentation of Draft Options 9 and 10 (Recorded January 19, 2017 at Lincoln Elementary School)
The link below is the handout provided at the Round 3 community Meetings containing maps of the new attendance areas at the elementary, middle, and high school levels, as well as maps showing just the areas that would change. The handout also includes extensive data on the existing and proposed attendance areas. The video below is the presentation that was given at all of the Round 3 Community Meetings. It was recorded January 19 at Lincoln Elementary School.
The maps below show more details than the maps in the handout.Using the zoom feature on your PDF reader, you can zoom in to see your neighborhood in more detail. The colored areas represent the proposed attendance boundaries in each option. The heavy black lines are the existing attendance area boundaries. Each option has a map for elementary school boundaries, middle school boundaries, and high school boundaries.
Draft Option 9
- Draft Option 9 Elementary School Attendance Areas (Adobe PDF File, opens in new window)
- Draft Option 9 Middle School Attendance Areas (Adobe PDF File, opens in new window)
- Draft Option 9 High School Attendance Areas (Adobe PDF File, opens in new window)
Draft Option 10
- Draft Option 10 Elementary School Attendance Areas (Adobe PDF File, opens in new window)
- Draft Option 10 Middle School Attendance Areas (Adobe PDF File, opens in new window)
- Draft Option 10 High School Attendance Areas (Adobe PDF File, opens in new window)
(Adobe PDF File, opens in new window)
This document contains development data as of January 1, 2017 for residential developments in the Butterfly Ridge Study Area. The document lists the residential developments by school at the elementary, middle, and high school level for the current attendance areas and the proposed Options 9 and 10. The document lists the planning jurisdiction for each development, a plan approval status, whether the development is actively building homes, how many housing units were originally approved, how many housing units remain as of January 1, 2017, the total students projected to come from the total homes approved, and the total students projected from the homes that remain to be built.