Engaging the Community in Public Education
Engaged community members and business partners are essential in helping schools deliver on the promise of public education for every child. That’s why FCPS welcomes and fosters community engagement in many ways:
· Academic Business Connection (ABC) is user-friendly software that links business partner offers with school requests
· Award Programs, which many outside organizations sponsor, recognize employee and student achievement throughout the year
· The FCPS Family/Community Engagement Council (FCEC) is committed to improving and strengthening engagement and collaboration with all members of the Frederick County community – parents, families, business, civic groups and others in the belief that proactive, two-way engagement, communication, and dialogue empower student success and promote a stronger Frederick County.
· The Frederick County Business Roundtable for Education (FCBRE) connects classroom learning and the workplace, and promotes academic excellence to help prepare the next generation of business leadership in our community.
· Gifts for Education provides an opportunity for charitable givers to help extend Frederick County Public Schools’ reach beyond normal budgetary limits through the Community Foundation of Frederick County, Inc.
· With License Plates for Education the community drives school pride with the FCPS vanity tag and supports a great cause: $15 of each $40 tag goes to support school technology.
Senior Citizens lend a helping hand and share their expertise with students through school volunteer programs and serving on school system committees. Schools also welcome guests age 60 or older to free admission, on a space-available basis, to FCPS-sponsored events such as concerts, plays and athletic events (excluding high school graduations and state-sponsored athletic playoffs).
For more about engaging with FCPS, please contact the school's principal or high school transition-education coordinator, FCPS supervisor of Family and Community Involvement or Transition Education or FCPS Community Engagement Coordinator Emily.Ahalt@fcps.org 301-696-6902, Friendly URL to this page: www.fcps.org/partner