Frederick County Public Schools is adding free “to go” breakfast and lunch service at the Discovery Shopping Center in Walkersville, starting Tuesday, September 29. Distribution will take place from an FCPS Food and Nutrition Services truck, a white minivan clearly marked so the public can easily identify it. As at other locations, FCPS provides meals to go service to all children ages 18 and younger and to adults 19 and older who are enrolled in an FCPS program for people with disabilities.
Schools providing the free meals, with no need for children to be enrolled in a Frederick County public school, are listed below.
Meals are provided from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays using the following schedule.
- Mondays – “To-go” breakfasts and lunches are provided for Monday and Tuesday
- Tuesdays – Kitchens are closed
- Wednesdays – “To-go” breakfasts and lunches are provided for Wednesday and Thursday
- Thursdays – Kitchens are closed
- Fridays – “To-go” breakfasts and lunches are provided for Friday, Saturday and Sunday
The schools serving “to go” meals from the kitchen serving line are as follows:
The following sites distribute to-go breakfasts and lunches from a school bus:
- 7th Street Frederick Shopping Center Parking Lot, 1305 West 7th Street, Frederick
- Brunswick Heights Shopping Center Parking Lot, 92 Souder Road, Brunswick
- Concord Mobile Homes Park Community, 4828 Pioneer Circle, Jefferson
- Lucas Village Community Center Parking Lot, 111 Pennsylvania Avenue, Frederick
The following site will distribute to-go breakfasts and lunches starting Tuesday, September 29, 2020 from a clearly marked FCPS Food and Nutrition Services vehicle:
- Discovery Shopping Center Parking Lot
8425 Woodsboro Pike, Walkersville, MD
Children do not have to be present. A parent, guardian or other designated person can pick up food for children. Parents/guardians or children will enter the school cafeteria and pick up the food in the kitchen serving line. Masks must be worn by all children and adults entering the cafeteria, and family groups must stay 6 feet apart from other family groups. The food server will do all of the food handling. All food will be compartmentalized or individually wrapped.