How to Pay for College
Financial aid is money to help pay for college or career school. Grants, work-study, loans, and scholarships help make college or career school affordable for many students.
FAFSA Finish Events 2022
FCPS is dedicated to providing our students and families with Financial Aid and FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) information. In addition, we have partnered with local colleges and local non-profit organizations to aid FCPS students with FAFSA Finish Events (see below) and financial aid information nights. These events will walk students and their families through creating, completing, and submitting their FAFSA , which is the first step in the applying for Federal and State Aid for college.
Register for one of the dates below through this link: FAFSA FINISH EVENTS
- Oct. 4 Walkersville High School 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.***
- Oct. 8 Frederick Community College 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Oct. 11 Middletown High School 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.***
- Oct. 12 Brunswick High School 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.***
- Oct. 13 Tuscarora High School 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Oct. 27 Catoctin High School 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.***
- Nov. 2 Oakdale High School 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.***
- Nov. 3 Governor Thomas Johnson High School 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Nov. 15 Frederick High School 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.***
(*** There will be a financial aid presentation from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. at these locations. Registration is not required for this part of the evening)
Complete Your FAFSA
Get started on your FAFSA now at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
How to create your username and password
Filling out your FAFSA
Types of Federal Student Aid
Determining your dependency status
How to regain access to your FSA ID
College and University Partners
The partnership with community agencies and local colleges/universities has resulted in increased opportunities to assist students and their families through the Financial Aid process and promote FAFSA and MFSAA completion.
Our community partners have been instrumental in hosting FAFSA Finish events, providing supports to our FCPS community and connecting students to a wealth of resources for financial aid and post-secondary options.