ALL IN ONE COURSE APPROVAL /DIRECT PAY REQUEST SYSTEM
All course requests require prior approval. We now have an online system for requesting course approval. For more information on Direct Pay, go to this link.
Step 1: Navigate to https://coursereg.fcps.org
Step 2: Log in using either your network login and password, or click “Login with ADFS.” See Fig. 1.
Figure 1: Login Screen
Step 3: If this is the first time you’ve visited the Course Approval site, you will be prompted to select your employment type (Certificated, Support, or AS/AMT). See Fig. 2.
Figure 2: Set Employment Type
Once you’ve set your employment type, you will be re-directed to the main welcome screen. See Fig. 3.
NOTE: Should you need to change your employment type in the future, hover over your name on the blue menu bar and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: To begin a new request, select the type of request you are entering from the “Start a New Request” box to the right and click “Continue.“ See Fig. 3.
- Course Approval Only – select if you are not requesting reimbursement
- Course Approval with Reimbursement – select if you’re seeking reimbursement, but you don’t wish to participate in the Direct Pay program (or you are attending a non-participatory school.)
- Direct Pay – select if you wish to participate in the Direct Pay program, FCPS will pay for its portion of your tuition assistance directly to the school.
- License/Test/Training – select if you are testing for Praxis or other industry certification, or specialized training.
NOTE: From this welcome screen, you can review previously submitted requests and begin a new request.
Figure 3: Welcome Screen with Summary
Continue here for Course Approval and Direct Pay requests. See Step 9 below if you are requesting approval for a license, test or training course.
Step 5: The screens for the first 3 options are nearly identical. After selecting the college you are attending, the semester drop-down list will populate with your available semester choices. Enter any comments to HR. If you are requesting reimbursement through the Direct Pay program, you will also need to enter your Student ID assigned by the college. See Fig. 4. If you are a support employee, you will also have a series of checkboxes available to the right, select the one(s) that fit your situation. Click “Continue.”
Figure 4: College and Semester Selection
Step 6: The following screen adds a section that allows you to enter your course(s). Here you can enter multiple courses, one at a time. Click the “Add Course” button. See Fig. 5.
Figure 5: Add a Course
Step 7: When the “Add Course” screen appears, enter the requested information and click “Create.” Do this for every course you are requesting, if more than one. Your courses will be listed in the second table at the bottom of the screen as you create them. See Fig. 6.
Figure 6: Course Details
Step 8: Once you have entered all of your courses, click the “Continue” button. Here you will finalize your request. You must check the check box indicating that you understand the tuition benefits provided to you in the appropriate negotiated agreement. Click “Finish” to submit your request and return to the main summary screen. See Fig. 7.
Figure 7: Confirmation and Final Submission
Continue here for License/Test/Training Requests
Step 9: Select your organization or request type and semester, describe the purpose of the request, then click “Continue.” See Fig. 8.
Figure 8: License/Test/Training Request Information
Step 10: Next you will be prompted to enter the details of your test/certification/training request. Click “Add Test,” enter your information and click create. See Fig. 9. As with a course approval/direct pay request, you can enter multiple items on your request, provided they all fall in the same semester timeline.
Figure 9: License/Test/Training Request Detail
Step 11: After entering all of the tests and/or training for which you are requesting approval, click “Continue.” Here you will finalize your request. You must check the check box indicating that you understand the tuition benefits provided to you in the appropriate negotiated agreement. Click “Finish” to submit your request and return to the main summary screen. See Fig. 7 above.
What’s next in the process?
- You will receive a CONFIRMATION email that your request was successfully submitted for review.
- What if you don’t receive a confirmation email? It’s likely your email address was typed incorrectly. Notify firstname.lastname@example.org and we will correct the issue.
- Once your request has been reviewed and a decision made, you will receive another email informing you whether your request was approved or denied.
- If your request was approved:
- You may now enroll in the approved course(s)
- Save the approval email as you will submit that for tuition reimbursement (along with the required transcript and proof of payment) to Human Resources upon completion of the course.
- If your request was denied:
- You may resubmit a different course approval request OR
- If you need assistance or recommendations, you may contact email@example.com and we will be happy to provide you with some alternatives.
- If your request was approved:
How to submit for tuition reimbursement
- Your approval email contains specific instructions to submit for reimbursement. If you can’t locate it, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send it to you again.
- Print your Approval email and be sure to sign it.
EMPLOYEE SIGNATURE REQUIRED
I verify that all information is accurate and all required documentation is attached to this request. Please process my tuition reimbursement request.
Signature _________________________________ Date _______________________
- Reimbursement request packet must include:
- This approval email with your signature (all pages).
- Official transcript(s) (Internet printouts cannot be accepted). Our auditors require official documentation. We recommend that you make a copy of your transcript for your own records before submitting to HR.
- If you are submitting PRAXIS scores for reimbursement, please submit all pages of the score report. All other certification tests, please submit copy of certificate and score reports (if applicable).
- Proof of payment. Statements/Invoices showing a zero balance are acceptable. Credit card receipts cannot be accepted.