Butterfly Ridge Elementary School Redistricting Study
Final Report and Recommendation
Following the May 24th Board of Education (BOE) meeting, staff prepared a FINAL RECOMMENDATION for the Butterfly Ridge Redistricting Study. Use the links below to review the maps and supporting documentation for the final recommendation. A decision regarding the Butterfly Ridge Redistricting Study is scheduled for the June 14, 2017 BOE meeting to be held at the FCPS central offices, BOE Board Room, 191 South East Street, Frederick, MD.
- Final BRES Redistricting Recommendation Maps
- Final Recommendation Supporting Document
- FCPS Study Area Plan Block Options A and B Letter Sized Map
- FCPS Recommendation and Options for Relieving Waverley Enrollment - 5/19/17 Handout
- Butterfly Ridge Elementary School Redistricting Study Final Report
- Appendix: Maps and Supporting Statistics
- Large maps of proposed attendance boundary changes
Send an Email
Butterfly Ridge, a new elementary school to be located on Butterfly Lane in Frederick City, will begin construction in the spring of 2017 and open in the fall of 2018. This school is anticipated to primarily relieve the overcrowding at Hillcrest, Waverley and Orchard Grove elementary schools. Click here to view the redistricting study area map. For the 2016-17 school year, Hillcrest is operating at 135% of state rated capacity (SRC) with 36 portable classrooms (including 24 classrooms in two “super pods”); Waverley at 142% of SRC with 17 portable classrooms; and Orchard Grove at 104% of SRC with 6 portable classrooms.
Guidance throughout the project will be provided by BOE Policy 200 School Attendance Areas and Redistricting and FCPS Regulation 100-2 Redistricting. Goals, as outlined in the BOE Strategic Plan, will also serve as direction to the staff with regards to community engagement and the preparation of recommendations to the Board of Education of Frederick County (BOE).
Here is the link to the current Background Report. This report includes data compiled to date that may be used as we consider the revised attendance boundaries. Please pay close attention to the date of this report as this is a “living” document and the data will be updated, revised and expanded as new data becomes available. For instance, the enrollment data will be revised later this month when the 2016-17 school year enrollment information is available.
Use the navigation on the right side of this page to review additional information pertaining to this project:
- Project Scope
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Community Engagement and Schedule, includes a timeline and calendar of upcoming meetings
- Current Meetings: Round Three includes a listing of meetings scheduled to review draft options 9 and 10
- Completed Meetings: Round Two includes handouts and comments
- Completed Meetings: Round One includes video (English and Spanish,) handouts, and comments/concerns
Thank you for your input in the Butterfly Ridge Elementary School Redistricting Project!