FCPS coordinates several award programs throughout the year. Many of these programs are sponsored by outside organizations, which establish eligibility criteria and the award process. For each program, FCPS calls for nominations through various communication channels, receives nominations and convenes selection committees.
Annual employee award programs
- Frederick County Teacher of the Year Award
- Charles E. Tressler Distinguished Teacher Award
- Washington Post Principal of the Year
- Washington Post Teacher of the Year
- Support Employee of the Year Award
- Substitute Employee of the Year Award
- Veteran in Education Service Award
All Star award program
The FCPS All Star awards program is designed to provide recognition to employees who have helped FCPS achieve any of the school system's five aspirational goals or supported system efforts for the priorities identified for each goal. Read more about the aspirational goals and priorities, and nominate an employee here:
All Star Award (opens in new window)
Franklin and Bess Gladhill Fund for Agricultural Education - available at the start of school each year.
FCPS Gifts for Education Fund - available at the start of school each year.
191 South East Street
Frederick, MD 21701
Public Affairs Department