Support Employee of the Year Award
Congratulations to the 2022 Support Employees of the Year:
FCPS Central Office Support Employee of the Year - Jeff Seymour, Security & Emergency Management
FCPS School-Based Support Employee of the Year - Joseph Rhodes, Tuscarora Elementary School
School-based Custodian of the Year - Joseph Rhodes, Tuscarora Elementary
Central Office Business & Instructional Support Employee of the Year - Jeffrey Seymour, Security & Emergency Management
School-based Food Service Employee of the Year - Audrey Fritz, Urbana High
School-based Special Education Instructional Assistant of the Year - Maribeth Giangiuli, Oakdale Middle
Central Office Maintenance Employee of the Year - Keith Marconi, Maintenance & Operations
Bus Driver of the Year - Vickie Roles, Urbana feeder
School-based Secretary of the Year - Julie Marker, Gov. Thomas Johnson High
The FCPS Support Employee of the Year Award program recognizes outstanding members of our first-class support staff. Awards are presented for eight broad job categories; all support positions are represented by one of the following categories:
- Business & Instructional Support (includes Food Service, Transportation office/garage employees, Technology Services, Interpreters, etc.)
- Bus Driver/Bus Assistant
- Food Service
- Instructional & Special Education Assistant/Community Liaison/User Support Specialist/Resident Substitutes
From the eight category winners, two will receive an FCPS Support Employee of the Year Award (one school-based and one non-school-based).
The FCPS Public Affairs Department coordinates the nomination and selection process for this award. The nomination period is now open. We welcome nominations from any FCPS employee, current or former students, parents and the general public.
Nominations are due no later than Friday, January 27, 2023.
A panel of FCPS judges will screen the nominations and select finalists. FCPS cabinet members will notify the finalists in March. The Superintendent will recognize and present a trophy to each finalist at the Board of Education meeting on April 19, 2023. During the presentation, the Superintendent will announce the school-based and non-school-based Support Employee of the Year and present each winner with a special award.
How to Nominate a Support Employee
Complete eligibility, nomination criteria, process and selection guidelines are outlined in the Support Employee Award Instructions and Application brochure (also listed under the contact information on this page).
Nomination packets must contain all of the following; those that do not will not be considered.
- The nomination application with the signature of the nominee's principal (school-based employees) or immediate supervisor (non-school-based employees). For bus driver nominations, please ask the school principal to send the nomination form to Linda Orey or Amanda Harman in Transportation for a signature.
- A typewritten summary (two-page maximum) explaining how the nominee meets nomination criteria 1-5. Please number and cite examples for each of the following:
- Takes initiative to go beyond the basic job duties
- Demonstrates exceptional skill and dedication to the job
- Contributes to the mission and vision of the school system
- Is respected by his/her co-workers
- Demonstrates an attitude and manner that has a positive effect on others
**Criterion 6 will be addressed on the application by the nominee’s supervisor.**
- At least two letters of support (limit four, no more than one page each).