Substitute Employee of the Year Award
The FCPS Substitute Employee of the Year award program recognizes outstanding substitutes that work with our students every day. These include substitute teachers, long term substitutes, substitute special education instructional assistants and substitute charter school instructional assistants.
The FCPS Human Resources Department coordinates the nomination and selection process for this award. The nomination period is now open. We welcome nominations from any FCPS employee, principals, assistant principals, school secretaries and parents.
Submit a completed nomination package by interoffice mail to Elizabeth Donegan, FCPS Central Office Building, or mail or hand deliver to 191 S. East Street, Frederick, MD 21701. Nominations are due by 3 PM May 28, 2021.
Human Resources Department
191 S. East Street
Frederick, MD 21701
Deadline for Nominations
Nomination packages are due to Elizabeth Donegan no later than 3 PM Friday, May 28, 2021.
Nominees must be substitute employee compensated according to the substitute employee salary scale, employed at least one year with FCPS, and:
- Take initiative to go beyond the basic job duties
- Demonstrate exceptional skill and dedication to the job
- Contribute to the mission and vision of the school system
- Are respected by their schools
- Demonstrate an attitude and manner that has a positive effect on others.
A screening committee will review all nomination materials and select a winner based on this criteria. Human Resources will notify the finalists in May. The Superintendent will recognize and present a trophy to the winner at a Board of Education meeting in June.
How to Nominate a Substitute Employee
Complete eligibility, nomination criteria, process and selection guidelines are outlined in the Substitute Employee Award Instructions and Application brochure (also listed under the Resources heading on this page). Nomination packets must contain all of the following; those that do not will not be considered.
- A typewritten summary (two-page maximum) explaining how the nominee meets nomination criteria 1-5. Please number and address each criterion separately, citing examples of how the nominee meets the criterion.
- At least two letters of support (limit four; no more than one page each.)