Veteran in Education Service Award
We honor every FCPS employee who has served our nation in the armed forces. Every year, we will shine an additional spotlight on our veterans by recognizing an FCPS employee-veteran for exemplary service to FCPS and the community.
The winner of the 2020 Veteran in Education Service award is Denise Green, Walkersville High School special education teacher. Read the press release.
- A nominee must be a veteran as defined by the US Department of Veterans Affairs or be serving in the armed forces as a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
- A nominee must demonstrate exemplary service to FCPS and the community. For example, the nominee may demonstrate:
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Perseverance in overcoming challenges
- Selflessness in helping others
- Teamwork and loyalty
191 South East St
Frederick, MD 21701
Fax: (301) 644-5241
Nominations are now closed. Please check back for nomination information for Veteran's Day, 2021.
The following may nominate an FCPS employee for this award:
- any FCPS employee
- a student or former student
- a parent
- a community member
Complete the Nomination Application and return it to Colleen Bernard according to instructions on the application.
A committee of FCPS staff, community members, and veterans will review all the nominations and choose the individual to be recognized.
Award and Recognition
The FCPS employee-veteran who is selected will be invited to take part in FCPS Veterans Day celebrations and recognition ceremonies. The award recipient will also receive an engraved plaque and gift sponsored by Woodsboro Bank and recognition from the Board of Education. FCPS will also thank the person who nominated the award recipient.
Deadline for Nominations:
Nominations are now closed. Please check back for nomination information for Veteran's Day 2021.