Veteran in Education Service Award
We honor every FCPS employee who has served our nation in the armed forces. Every year, we will shine an additional spotlight on our veterans by recognizing an FCPS employee-veteran for exemplary service to FCPS and the community.
The winner of the 2021 Veteran in Education Service award is Juana Anderson, Thurmont Middle School resident substitute teacher. Read the press release.
- Nominees must be a veteran as defined by the US Department of Veterans Affairs or be serving in the armed forces as a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
- Nominees must demonstrate exemplary service to FCPS and the community. For example, the nominee may demonstrate:
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Perseverance in overcoming challenges
- Selflessness in helping others
- Teamwork and loyalty
Any FCPS employee may be nominated for this award by:
- any FCPS employee
- a student or former student
- a parent
- a community member
Complete and return the Nomination Package including:
- the Nomination Form
- statement of support that addresses the nomination criteria
- up to 4 letters of recommendation
as one electronic file to Service.Award@fcps.org. Only electronic nomination packages will be accepted. All components of the package must be received by 3:00 PM, Friday, October 7, 2022. You will receive a confirmation email of receipt of your nomination package.
A committee of FCPS staff, community members, and veterans will review all the nominations and choose the individual to be recognized.
Award and Recognition
The FCPS employee-veteran who is selected will be invited to take part in FCPS Veterans Day celebrations and recognition ceremonies. The award recipient will also receive an engraved plaque and gift sponsored by Woodsboro Bank and recognition from the Board of Education. FCPS will also thank the person who nominated the award recipient.