REMINDER: Below are the vaccinations required for students to attend school for the 2021-2022 school year. If your child is up to date with their routine yearly physical exams they are likely up to date on all these vaccines.
- 2 doses of MMR for any student who has reached their 5th birthday, including Pre-K students
- 2 doses of Varicella for any student who has reached their 5th birthday, including Pre-K students
- 1 dose of Tdap vaccine for any student entering 7th grade thru 12th grade.
- 1 dose of Meningococcal for any student entering 7th grade thru 12th grade.
Per Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR), beginning on the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, FCPS will EXCLUDE ANY STUDENTS WHO DO NOT HAVE THE REQUIRED IMMUNIZATIONS unless they present evidence of an appointment for the missing immunizations scheduled within the next 20 calendar days. This includes students enrolled in the Virtual School program.
Back-to-school immunization clinics will be offered by Frederick County Health Department from August 11 through September 8. You may schedule your child's appointment by calling 301-600-3342. The immunizations will be provided at the health department building, located at 350 Montevue Lane. To schedule an appointment call 301-600-3342. COVID-19 vaccinations will not be offered at the back to school clinics.
The Frederick County Health Department regularly offers required vaccinations to students who do not have private healthcare insurance by appointment on Wednesdays. To schedule an appointment call 301-600-3342.
CVS Minute Clinics provide vaccinations on a walk-in basis. Please call 866-389-2727 for hours and locations near you.
Please note the following:
- Many children have already received the required immunizations from their healthcare provider during their well-child visits.
- You can find out if your child had these vaccines by looking at the child’s vaccine record or checking with your healthcare provider.
- If you do not have a vaccination record for your child, you can do the following:
- If your child received vaccines at the Frederick County Health Department call 301-600-3342 to get a copy of the vaccine record.
- If your child received vaccines through their healthcare provider, contact the healthcare provider for a copy of the vaccine record.