ALL IN ONE COURSE APPROVAL /DIRECT PAY REQUEST SYSTEM
NEW SEPTEMBER 26, 2016
All course requests require prior approval. We now have an online system for requesting course approval. If you select coursework from a participating Direct Pay partner and you are within the deadlines, you will also be asked if you’d like to participate in the Direct Pay program. For more information on Direct Pay, click here.
Step 1: Go to Course Approval/Direct Pay Request System – click here (opens in new window).
Step 2: Select your position classification and click Continue
Step 3: Complete form and click Next
Step 4: Read the Submission Information screen and SUBMIT REQUEST.
NOTE: If you are taking coursework through a participating direct pay college AND are within the submission deadlines, the system will ask if you’d like to participate in Direct Pay. If you are outside of the submission window or the college doesn’t participate, your request will be directed through course approval and you may submit a tuition reimbursement request upon completion of the approved course.
What’s next in the process?
- You will receive a CONFIRMATION email that your request was successfully submitted for review.
- What if you don’t receive a confirmation email? It’s likely your email address was typed incorrectly. Notify email@example.com and we will correct the issue.
- Once your request has been reviewed and a decision made, you will receive another email informing you whether your request was approved or denied.
- If your request was approved:
- You may now enroll in the approved course(s)
- Save the approval email as you will submit that for tuition reimbursement (along with the required transcript and proof of payment) to Human Resources upon completion of the course.
- If your request was denied:
- You may resubmit a different course approval request OR
- If you need assistance or recommendations, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to provide you with some alternatives.
- If your request was approved:
How to submit for tuition reimbursement
- Your approval email contains specific instructions to submit for reimbursement. If you can’t locate it, contact email@example.com and we will send it to you again.
- Print your Approval email and be sure to sign it.
EMPLOYEE SIGNATURE REQUIRED
I verify that all information is accurate and all required documentation is attached to this request. Please process my tuition reimbursement request.
Signature _________________________________ Date _______________________
- Reimbursement request packet must include:
- This approval email with your signature (all pages).
- Official transcript(s) (Internet printouts cannot be accepted). Our auditors require official documentation. We recommend that you make a copy of your transcript for your own records before submitting to HR.
- If you are submitting PRAXIS scores for reimbursement, please submit all pages of the score report. All other certification tests, please submit copy of certificate and score reports (if applicable).
- Proof of payment. Statements/Invoices showing a zero balance are acceptable. Credit card receipts cannot be accepted.