FCPS Aspirational Goals
The FCPS aspirational goals and priorities function together in an integrated fashion. Ensuring the strategic, transparent, and equitable distribution of resources that support the presence of high-quality and diverse staff, strong family-school partnerships, and culture of wellness and safety in schools, is critical and essential to FCPS providing high-quality instruction and ultimately raising the achievement for each and every student.
- Goal 1: FCPS will equip each and every student to be an empowered learner and an engaged citizen to achieve a positive impact in the local and global community.
- Goal 2: FCPS will hire, support, and retain staff who champion individual, professional, and student excellence.
- Goal 3: FCPS will pursue and utilize all resources strategically and responsibly to achieve identified outcomes and inspire public confidence.
- Goal 4: FCPS will nurture relationships with families and the entire community, sharing responsibility for student success and demonstrating pride in all aspects of our school system.
- Goal 5: FCPS will promote a culture fostering wellness and civility for students and staff.
While the aspirational goals and priorities provide a vision, the measurable goals allow FCPS to evaluate its success in meeting its mission: 1) reach students with exceptional teaching and caring support, 2) challenge them to achieve their potential, and 3) prepare them for success in a global society.
Progress Reporting on Measurable Goals/Targets
From 2016 to 2018, the Board of Frederick County reviewed past progress on the initial 30 measurable goals/targets. A cross-departmental Strategic Plan reporting workgroup was established to facilitate reporting on each aspirational goal and respective measurable goals/targets. A copy of the presentations on the initial 30 measurable goals/targets for the FCPS Strategic Plan can be found at https://go.boarddocs.com/mabe/fcps/Board.nsf/Public.
During the 2019 SY, the Board of Frederick County revisited its measurable goals/targets to ensure alignment to current budget priorities/needs, state reporting, and to support school improvement and system goals. The Board approved 19 newly revised measures for Aspirational Goals 1-5. During the 2020 SY, staff worked to identify reporting structures and tools for monitoring the progress of the new measures. Reporting of baseline data for these measures will occur in 2021 through multiple Board meeting sessions.