Welcome to the 2017-2018 School Year!
Kick it off right with these tips and info
On Tuesday, September 5, 2017, Frederick County's public schools will open their doors to nearly 41,000 students. To get ready for a successful year, check out the helpful links below.
Reminder: Fall sports begin on Wednesday, August 9, 2017.
- 2017-2018 Calendar Handbook (Adobe PDF file, opens in new window)
- 2017-2018 Calendar Handbook Calendar Pages Only (Adobe PDF file, opens in new window)
- Year at a Glance (Adobe PDF file, opens in new window)
Bus routing information will be available through the "Bus Stop Information Online" section on or about Friday, August 18. Route changes can occur any time prior to the start of school. It is important that you check your child's transportation information periodically through the start of School.
If you have any changes to your home situation that change the way your child will get to school, please complete the Transportation Information Update Form (Adobe PDF file, opens in new window) and return it to your child's school. It is very important that your child's school is aware of any transportation changes, even if your child will not be traveling by bus.
Choose your FindOutFirst topics (opens in new window) of interest to get FCPS email for the new school year.
To get emergency text messages, enter your smartphone number, too!
Stay connected with FCPS TV (opens in new window) and Social Media.
Comcast cable 18 is your source for live BOE meetings, school closing info and more.
Watch live or get video on demand from your computer.
Meal prices have changed for this year.
FCPS uses MySchoolBucks (opens in new window) for prepayment and tracking of student meals. Sign up now at MySchoolBucks.com.
REMINDERS! For the 2017-18 school year, students must have had:
--2 doses of MMR for any student who has reached his/her 5th birthday, including Pre-K students
--2 doses of Varicella vaccine for entry into kindergarten, 1st, 2nd AND 3rd grades
--1 dose of Tdap vaccine for entry into 7th, 8th, 9th AND 10th grades
--1 dose of Meningococcal vaccine for entry into 7th, 8th, 9th AND 10th grades
FCPS will EXCLUDE STUDENTS FROM ATTENDING THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL who do not have up-to-date immunizations unless they present evidence of an appointment for immunizations scheduled within the following 20 days.
Immunizations are available from your primary care provider, the Frederick County Health Department, or at several CVS Pharmacy Minute Clinics.
Please note the following:
- Many children have already received these required vaccines during a well-child visit to their healthcare provider
- You can find out if your child had these vaccines by looking at the child’s vaccine record or checking with your healthcare provider.
- If you do not have a vaccination record for your child, you can do the following:
- If your child received vaccines at the Frederick County Health Department call 301-600-3342 to get a copy of the vaccine record
- If your child received vaccines through a healthcare provider, contact the healthcare provider for a copy of the vaccine record
- The Frederick County Health Department offers vaccinations to students who do not have private healthcare insurance by appointment on Wednesdays. To schedule an appointment call 301-600-3342.
- CVS Minute Clinics provide vaccinations on a walk-in basis. Please call 866-389-2727 for hours and locations near you.
View the complete immunization schedule here. (Adobe PDF file, opens in new window)
Find out everything you need to know to get your new student enrolled as soon as possible: Enrollment Information.
Orientations, Open Houses
Find out when your school is hosting back-to-school nights and other student orientations. If your school's dates are not listed, please check back as we frequently update these documents when events are scheduled.
- Elementary (Adobe PDF file, opens in new window)
- Middle (Adobe PDF file, opens in new window)
- High (Adobe PDF file, opens in new window)
- Charter/Other (Adobe PDF file, opens in new window)
School supply assistance and donation information can be found under the Resources section on the Community Agency School Services Programs page.
The Maryland sales tax exemption week is Sunday, August 13 - Saturday, August 19, 2017. That means qualifying apparel and footwear $100 or less, per item, are exempt from the state sales tax. Accessory items are not included. Find more information on Maryland Tax Exemption Week here. (opens in new window)
School Cash Online
The new way to pay for school field trips, sports fees, spirit wear and more, School Cash Online is:
- Convenient and easy to use—Available 24/7 via the Internet
- Safe—Best in Class security, avoids students carrying cash or checks, and remembering to turn them in
- Time saving—Shows your payments/order history in one place; eliminates teacher time collecting them
- No more costly than paying with cash or check
Register now: https://frederickcounty.schoolcashonline.com (opens in new window)
Select Get Started Today
Student Information Cards and Health Information Cards
When you get these IMPORTANT forms from your school, personalized for your child, please review/revise, complete and return them promptly. Make sure to print clearly and include your correct email address!
Does Your Child Need Medication? Medication/treatment authorization forms are online.
Report Cards and Interim Reports
Find all information about report cards and interims including dates, examples, more.
Track middle and high school grades and homework assignments. Sign up for grades online after schools send letters home with your log-in information. This may take a few weeks after school begins. This year FCPS is continuing to use the Home Access Center. (opens in new window)
See dates, procedures and more about Parent Teacher Conferences.
FCPS does not have insurance coverage for students' personal property. Students are responsible for their personal property on the bus, in school and during school activities.
You may purchase limited student accident insurance through a company approved to offer the coverage through Maryland schools. Football coverage is also available.
How to Enroll Online (Adobe PDF file, opens in new window)
Online Enrollment for Student Accident Insurance (opens in new window)
Student Accident Coverage Enrollment Form - English (Adobe PDF file, opens in new window)
Student Accident Coverage Enrollment Form - Spanish (Adobe PDF file, opens in new window)