Welcome to the 2019-2020 School Year!
Kick it off right with these tips and info
On Tuesday, September 3, 2019, Frederick County's public schools will open their doors to over 42,000 students. To get ready for a successful year, check out the helpful links below.
Fall sports season began Wednesday, August 14, 2019.
Bus routing information is available through the "Bus Stop Information Online" section. Route changes can occur any time prior to the start of school. It is important that you check your child's transportation information periodically through the start of School.
If you have any changes to your home situation that change the way your child will get to school, please complete the Transportation Information Update Form and return it to your child's school. It is very important that your child's school is aware of any transportation changes, even if your child will not be traveling by bus.
To get emergency-closing notices and school news, parents must provide a current email address to the school. The first week of school, each student is asked to deliver a personalized Student Information Card to the parent so parents can confirm or change the email address (and other information) the school has on file. Please clearly write any changes on the card before signing and returning it to the school.
FindOutFirst (FOF) updates nightly from data the school enters into each student's eSchool record. This data includes parents' email addresses and the school and grade level for each student. [Parents do not need to update school or grade level in FOF.]
Emergency TEXT messages to phones are sent only to those who have logged in to FOF and added the phone number, carrier and verification code to activate text messaging. If this was done last year, it remains active on the account. It is not necessary to repeat this annually.
Parents may log in to FOF to add topics of interest such as Special Education, calendar updates and more: www.fcps.org/fof. News group selections made last year remain in effect.
Stay connected with FCPS TV and Social Media.
Comcast cable 18 is a great source for live BOE meetings, school closing info and more. Watch live or get video on demand from your computer.
Regular meal prices have not changed for this year, however reduced-price meals have been updated.
Families with limited ability to pay may qualify for free or reduced-price meals. Schools will distribute Meal Benefit Applications to all students. For more information: Visit Meals or use this E-mail link.
REMINDERS! For the 2019-20 school year, students must have had:
- 2 doses of MMR for any student who has reached his/her 5th birthday, including Pre-K students
- 2 doses of Varicella vaccine for entry into kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th AND 5th grades
- 1 dose of Tdap vaccine for entry into 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, AND 12th grades
- 1 dose of Meningococcal vaccine for entry into 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, AND 12th grades
FCPS will EXCLUDE STUDENTS FROM ATTENDING THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL who do not have up-to-date immunizations unless they present evidence of an appointment for immunizations scheduled within the following 20 days.
Immunizations are available from your primary care provider, the Frederick County Health Department, or at several CVS Pharmacy Minute Clinics.
Please note the following:
- Many children have already received these required vaccines during a well-child visit to their healthcare provider
- You can find out if your child had these vaccines by looking at the child’s vaccine record or checking with your healthcare provider.
- If you do not have a vaccination record for your child, you can do the following:
- If your child received vaccines at the Frederick County Health Department call 301-600-3342 to get a copy of the vaccine record
- If your child received vaccines through a healthcare provider, contact the healthcare provider for a copy of the vaccine record
- The Frederick County Health Department offers vaccinations to students who do not have private healthcare insurance by appointment on Wednesdays. To schedule an appointment call 301-600-3342.
- CVS Minute Clinics provide vaccinations on a walk-in basis. Please call 866-389-2727 for hours and locations near you.
¡RECORDATORIOS! Para el año escolar 2019-2020 los alumnos deben tener:
- 2 dosis de la vacuna MMR para cualquier estudiante 5 años incluyendo estiantes de Pre-K.
- 2 dosis de la vacuna de Varicela, para entrar al kindergarten, y grados 1, 2, 3, 4, y 5.
- 1 dosis de la vacuna DTP, para entrar a grados 7, 8, 9, 10, y 11, y 12.
- 1 dosis de la vacuna de meningitis, para entrar a grados 7, 8, 9, 10, y 11, y 12.
FCPS NO PERMITIRÁ LA ASISTENCIA AL PRIMER DÍA DE CLASES a aquéllos ALUMNOS que no tienen actualizadas sus vacunas, a menos que presenten evidencia de que se programó una cita para vacunarse en los siguientes 20 días.
Las vacunas están disponibles con su principal proveedor de salud, en el Departamento de Salud del Condado Frederick o en varias Clínicas Minute de las farmacias CVS.
Por favor dese cuenta de lo siguiente:
- Muchos niños ya recibieron las vacunas requeridas durante una visita de revisión a su proveedor de cuidado de la salud
- Se puede dar cuenta si su hijo ya las tiene revisando el registro de vacunación de su hijo o con su proveedor de cuidado de la salud.
- Si no tiene el registro de vacunación de su hijo, puede hacer lo siguiente:
- Si su hijo fue vacunado en el Departamento de Salud del Condado Frederick llame al 301-600-3342 para obtener una copia del registro de vacunación
- Si su hijo recibió las vacunas por medio de su proveedor de cuidado de la salud, contáctelo y pídale una copia del registro de vacunación
- El Departamento de Salud del Condado Frederick ofrece vacunación con cita los miércoles. Para programar una cita llame al 301-600-3342.
- Las Clínicas Minute de CVS proveen vacunas a las personas que llegan sin cita. Por favor llame al 866-389-2727 para los horarios y ubicaciones cerca de usted.
*Puede ver más información sobre “el regreso a clases”en nuestra página Web www.fcps.org. De clic en la pestaña de Regreso a Clases para más información importante.
Find out everything you need to know to get your new student enrolled as soon as possible: Enrollment Information.
Orientations, Open Houses
Find out when your school is hosting back-to-school nights and other student orientations. If your school's dates are not listed, please check back as we frequently update these documents when events are scheduled.
School supply assistance and donation information can be found under the Resources section on the Community Agency School Services Programs page.
The Maryland sales tax exemption week is Sunday, August 11 - Saturday, August 17, 2019. That means qualifying apparel and footwear $100 or less, per item, are exempt from the state sales tax. The first $40 of a backpack or bookbag purchase is also tax-free. Accessory items are not included. Find more information on Maryland Tax Exemption Week here.
School Cash Online
Pay for school field trips, sports fees, spirit wear and more, School Cash Online is:
- Convenient and easy to use—Available 24/7 via the Internet
- Safe—Best in Class security, avoids students carrying cash or checks, and remembering to turn them in
- Time saving—Shows your payments/order history in one place; eliminates teacher time collecting them
- No more costly than paying with cash or check
Register now: https://frederickcounty.schoolcashonline.com. Select "Get Started Today"
Student Information Cards and Health Information Cards
When you get these IMPORTANT forms from your school, personalized for your child, please review/revise, complete and return them promptly. Make sure to print clearly and include your correct email address, especially important this year in generating your FindOutFirst account!
Does Your Child Need Medication? Medication/treatment authorization forms are online.
Report Cards and Interim Reports
Find all information about report cards and interims including dates, examples, more.
Track middle and high school grades and homework assignments. Sign up for grades online after schools send letters home with your log-in information. This may take a few weeks after school begins. This year FCPS is continuing to use the Home Access Center.
In addition, middle and high school teachers (and some elementary teachers) will use the Schoology learning management system. Schools will notify parents how to check their child's grades and assignments via Schoology. Read more about Schoology.
See dates, procedures and more about Parent Teacher Conferences.
FCPS does not have insurance coverage for students' personal property. Students are responsible for their personal property on the bus, in school and during school activities.
You may purchase limited student accident insurance through a company approved to offer the coverage through Maryland schools. Football coverage is also available.