Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
FCPS promotes greater access to exceptional teaching and learning. In creating learning environments that allow students and staff to acquire real-time information and creatively express what they learn in a variety of ways, schools challenge students and staff to use resources and content knowledge to solve real-world problems. Today's tools help schools better prepare students to realize their potential for success as global citizens.
FCPS is dedicated to assisting students and staff in creating a digital learning environment. Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) to school is one tool schools may use for greater access to online resources. Students bringing their own device must adhere to the technology-conduct responsibilities described in Regulation 400-73
Whether students may use their devices is a site-based decision at elementary schools. Check with your principal to see what the policy is for your school.
Middle and high school student use requires that the student and parent/legal guardian accept the terms outlined on the "Device Permission Form" the school provides. Staff reserves the right to revoke privileges associated with this use. Regulation 400-18 applies.
FCPS Goals for Bring Your Own Device:
- Improve learning by seamlessly integrating technology use in schools
- Expand learning beyond the classroom
- Foster greater collaboration and feedback among students, staff and families
- Promote a variety of technology tools and cloud-based applications to analyze data and solve problems
- Teach Digital Citizenship through appropriate, responsible technology use