- View Teacher Opportunities
- View Recruitment/Interview Events
- Non-PDS Internship Placement Request for the 2023-2024 School Year
There’s something special about Frederick County. We have great communities - and they begin in our schools. You’ll feel it in every one of our classrooms, neighborhoods and local businesses. Our students, staff, and families are the heart of Frederick County!
At the intersection of the Washington DC and Baltimore corridors, home to a thriving high tech hub and biotechnology industry, Frederick County offers big city resources with a small town feel. And with over 68 schools, 45,000 students, and 6,000 employees, no institution touches more people and impacts more lives than Frederick County Public Schools. Our teachers are integral leaders in the community. They come here not only to teach, but to build connections in their neighborhoods, raise families, and enjoy a rich and diverse lifestyle, while truly growing in their profession.
FCPS Hiring Timeline for Teachers
- 3-5 days: New application is screened by an FCPS personnel officer
- 7 days: Candidates are notified to sign up for an initial teacher interview and/or a curriculum interview
- 1-2 days: Approved candidates are placed in a "Candidate Pool" online folder for principals to access
- 1-2 days: Candidates in "Candidate Pool" will be sent a 611-3 form for completion
- Ongoing: A principal reviews and selects candidates to interview
- 5-10 days: Schools hold interviews and select a candidate
- Ongoing: Schools contact HR personnel officer to recommend the selected candidate for hire
- 3 days: Personnel officer works out the salary and confirms references and 11-3 forms are completed
- 3-5 days: HR makes offer to candidate
- 2-3 days: Candidate accepts the offer and HR sends a new hire email to the principal