* Para ver esta información en español, utilice la función “Google Translate” en la parte inferior de esta página.
TogetherFCPS: Hybrid Return Updates
FCPS is preparing for a hybrid return and appreciates everyone in the community working together to make it happen. We appreciate your patience as we receive constant guidance from state and local health officials.
Superintendent Dr. Terry Alban is providing weekly e-newsletter updates regarding the hybrid return. They are posted online.
The Frederick County Public Schools Logistical Planning Guide for Reopening Schools is also available.
FCPS Return to Play
After completing a truncated winter high school athletics season, the fall athletics season is currently underway. It will be followed by a spring athletics season. Comprehensive details about the FCPS Return to Play initiative is posted on our high school athletics page and includes more details about schedules, mitigation strategies and viewing options. Our most recent Return to Play update is posted online.
The new FCPS Health Metrics dashboard is a summary of student and staff COVID-19 cases broken down by school. FCPS is committed to providing transparent information. For more information, visit the Frederick County COVID-19 information page.
FCPS follows health protocols from the Frederick County Health Department, the Maryland Department of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This includes requiring the use of cloth face coverings in schools. The most updated guidance regarding face coverings in school buildings is posted online.
Hybrid learning resources
FCPS is confident in its hybrid learning plan, which will give families the option of having students learn both in-person and virtually or continue learning in an all-virtual environment.
Hybrid learning is new to the community. To assist in the adjustment, we have provided sample schedules for the hybrid learning environment:
- Hybrid Sample Student Schedules
- Hybrid Sample Teacher Schedules
- Sample Schedules
- Sample High School Term 2 Schedule
Videos (all videos open in YouTube)
- A day in the life of hybrid learning at an elementary school
- A day in the life of hybrid learning at a middle school
- A day in the life of hybrid learning at a high school
- Concurrent Teaching Model with Executive Director of System Accountability Dr. Jamie Aliveto and Windsor Knolls Middle teacher Tasha Brown
COVID-19 vaccinations for FCPS staff
All FCPS staff are eligible for COVID-19 vaccinations as part of Group 1B in Maryland’s vaccination plan. We have shared the answers to frequently asked questions regarding this process.