Do you have a question or concern?
FCPS Communication Services posts information on this website to make it easy for families to locate answers to frequently asked questions.
Please use the links on this page to navigate to your topics of interest.
In addition to helping families get answers to the questions they might have, this page provides the steps to take for resolving concerns within the school system.
If you have a concern or disagree with a decision made about your child’s instruction, discipline, safety or other matter, FCPS is ready to work with you to resolve the issue. Usually issues are most quickly resolved closest to the source of the concern. Therefore, we recommend following this sequence, starting with #1 and proceeding to the next level as necessary until your concern is satisfactorily resolved:
- Your child’s teacher or school counselor, as appropriate
- School assistant principal or principal
- Central Office instructional director or the appropriate department supervisor if your concern is about a non-school matter such as transportation or food service
- Executive director of School Administration and Leadership
- Deputy superintendent or chief operating officer
- Board of Education
The Superintendent and Board of Education will address unresolved issues only after they have been explored by the sequence of school personnel. When communicating by letter, fax or email, please send your correspondence only to the appropriate individual in the sequence. Please see Policy 105 and the Departments section of this website for contact information.
- Reporting Form (Online)
- Reporting Form (Print)
- Reporting Form (Video Overview)
- Stop Bullying!
- Superintendent's remarks
Closings and Delays:
- How FCPS Decides to close or delay school
- Sign up for FindOutFirst email and emergency-only text messages