Student Member of the Board Election
It is time for interested sophomores and juniors to apply for the position of Student Member of the Board of Education. Nominations may be self-selected or made by SGA advisors or principals.
Listed under the "Resources" column at right are a general information sheet and time line, selection procedures, full student packet, and separate nomination form.
Voting is now open! Cast your vote before Thursday, January 27, 2022 at https://tinyurl.com/2022smob
Important Dates to Remember
- Monday, November 8, 2021: no later than 4:00 PM - Student Packets due to Ms. Colleen Bernard, Colleen.Bernard@fcps.org. Only complete electronic packages will be accepted.
- Monday, November 15, 2021: Selection and notification of five candidates
- Thursday, November 18, 2021: Google Meeting, 3 - 4 PM - Candidate Orientation
- Thursday, December 2, 2021: Candidate Speeches, Central Office Board Room, 9 AM - 12:30 PM - FCASC Presentation
- Thursday, January 6, 2022 4:30 - 7 PM in Central Office Board Room - Candidate Town Hall/Candidate Forum (Snow Date, January 11)
- Thursday, Jan. 6 - Thursday, Jan. 27, 2022: SMOB Voting - Students cast online ballots
- Thursday, February 3, 2022: FCASC General Assembly cast official SMOB ballots
- Spring 2022: New SMOB will have the opportunity to job shadow the current SMOB
Application packets were to be submitted electronically to Colleen.Bernard@fcps.org no later than 4 PM Monday, November 8, 2021.