Student Member of the Board Election
It is time for interested sophomores and juniors to apply for the position of Student Member of the Board of Education. Nominations may be self-selected or made by SGA advisors or principals.
Listed under the "Resources" column at right are a general information sheet and time line, selection procedures, full student packet, and separate nomination form.
Important Dates to Remember
- Friday, November 1, 2019: no later than 4:00 PM - Student Nomination Packets due to Ms. Bernard, FCPS, 191 South East St, Frederick, MD 21701
- Friday, November 8, 2019: Selection and notification of five candidates
- Wed., November 13, 2019: 4:30 – 5:30 PM at C. Burr Artz Library (Community Room) - Candidate Orientation
- Tuesday, December 10, 2019: Candidate Speeches at FCASC General Assembly, BOE Board Room
- Thursday, January 16, 2020: 5:00 - 6:30 PM in Central Office Board Room - Candidate Town Hall/Candidate Forum (Snow Date, January 23)
- Friday, Jan. 17 – Friday, Feb. 7, 2020: SMOB Voting - Students cast online ballots
- Thursday, February 20, 2020: FCASC General Assembly cast official SMOB ballots
- Spring 2020: New SMOB will have the opportunity to job shadow the current SMOB