It is time for interested sophomores and juniors to apply for the position of Student Member of the Board of Education. Nominations may be self-selected or made by SGA advisors or principals.
Listed under the "Resources" column at right are a general information sheet and time line, selection procedures, full student packet, and separate nomination form.
Important Dates to Remember
- Monday, October 30, 2023: no later than 4:00 PM - Only complete electronic packages submitted via email will be accepted. Submit your package to Colleen.Bernard@fcps.org.
- Tuesday, November 7, 2023: In-person Applicant Interview Panel
- Wednesday, November 15, 2023: Google Meeting, 3 - 4 PM - Candidate Orientation
- Monday, December 11, 2023: Candidate Speeches, Central Office Board Room, 9 AM - 12:30 PM - FCASC Presentation
- Thursday, January 4, 2024: 4:30 - 7 PM in Central Office Board Room - Candidate Town Hall/Candidate Forum (Snow Date, January 9)
- Thursday, Jan. 4 - Friday, Jan. 26, 2024: SMOB Voting - Students cast online ballots
- Tuesday, February 6, 2024: 9 AM - 12:30 PM at Learning & Leadership Center in Walkersville - FCASC General Assembly school delegates cast official SMOB ballots
- Spring 2024: New SMOB will have the opportunity to job shadow the current SMOB