Student Member of the Board Election
It is time for interested sophomores and juniors to apply for the position of Student Member of the Board of Education. Nominations may be self-selected or made by SGA advisors or principals.
Listed under the "Resources" column at right are a general information sheet and time line, selection procedures, full student packet, and separate nomination form.
Important Dates to Remember
- Friday, November 2, 2018 no later than 4 PM: Student Nomination Packets due to Ms. Bernard, FCPS, 191 South East St, Frederick
- Friday, November 9, 2018: Selection and notification of five candidates
- Monday, November 12, 2018: 3 - 4 PM Location TBD: Candidate Orientation
- Tuesday, December 11, 2018: Candidate Speeches at FCASC General Assembly
- Thursday, January 10, 2019, 5 - 6:30 PM in Central Office Board Room: Candidate Town Hall
- Thursday, January 17, 2019, 5 - 6:30 PM in Central Office Board Room: Candidate Forum
- Thursday, January 17, 2019 - Thursday, January 31, 2019: Students cast online ballots
- Thursday, February 14, 2019, 9:30 AM at JBK Theater at FCC: FCASC General Assembly cast official SMOB ballots
- Spring 2019: New SMOB will have the opportunity to job shadow the current SMOB