Student Member of the Board Election
It is time for interested sophomores and juniors to apply for the position of Student Member of the Board of Education. Nominations may be self-selected or made by SGA advisors or principals.
Listed under the "Resources" column at right are a general information sheet and time line, selection procedures, full student packet, and separate nomination form.
See resumes, videos and more from the current Student Member of the Board nominees.
Important Dates to Remember
- Friday, October 30, 2020: no later than 4:00 PM - Student Packets due to Ms. Colleen Bernard, Colleen.Bernard@fcps.org. Only complete electronic packages will be accepted.
- Friday, November 6, 2020: Selection and notification of five candidates
- Thursday, November 12, 2020: Google Meeting, 3 - 4 PM - Candidate Orientation
- Thursday, December 10, 2020: Candidate Speeches, Virtual Meeting, 1:30 - 3:30 PM - FCASC Presentation
- Thursday, January 14, 2021: 4:30 - 7 PM in Central Office Board Room - Candidate Town Hall/Candidate Forum (Snow Date, January 21)
- Thursday, Jan. 14 - Friday, Feb. 5, 2021: SMOB Voting - Students cast online ballots
- Thursday, February 18, 2021: FCASC General Assembly cast official SMOB ballots
- Spring 2021: New SMOB will have the opportunity to job shadow the current SMOB