It is time for interested sophomores and juniors to apply for the position of Student Member of the Board of Education. Nominations may be self-selected or made by SGA advisors or principals.
Listed under the "Resources" column at right are a general information sheet and time line, selection procedures, full student packet, and separate nomination form.
Important Dates to Remember
- Friday, November 4, 2022: no later than 4:00 PM - Only complete electronic packages submitted using this Google form will be accepted. Contact Colleen.Bernard@fcps.org if you have any questions.
- Friday, November 11, 2022: Selection and notification of five candidates
- Thursday, November 17, 2022: Google Meeting, 3 - 4 PM - Candidate Orientation
- Thursday, December 8, 2022: Candidate Speeches, Central Office Board Room, 9 AM - 12:30 PM - FCASC Presentation
- Thursday, January 5, 2023: 4:30 - 7 PM in Central Office Board Room - Candidate Town Hall/Candidate Forum (Snow Date, January 9)
- Thursday, Jan. 5 - Friday, Jan. 27, 2023: SMOB Voting - Students cast online ballots
- Thursday, February 2, 2023: 9 AM - 12:30 PM at Learning & Leadership Center - FCASC General Assembly cast official SMOB ballots
- Spring 2023: New SMOB will have the opportunity to job shadow the current SMOB