Use of FCPS Facilities
Community User Groups
Terms, Conditions, and Procedures for Use of Facilities (UOF)
- Board of Education Policy 203
- FCPS Regulation 100-01
- UOF Standard Operating Procedures - SOP includes protocols, cancellation policy, invoicing policy, etc.
NOTE: Cancellations must be made in writing to contact below at least 48 hours prior to the event date or by Thursday at noon prior to a weekend event date. See SOP above for full details.
- UOF Priority Groups List
- UOF Fee Schedule
Approved/Existing Community User Groups (CUG)
- Instructions to view a particular school’s UOF calendar and details of events on a particular date (available to all; you do not need to be an approved CUG or have a registered login to view)
- Video on submitting a request form
- Submit only a Normal Schedule Format request form (allows up to 20 event dates) at least 10 days in advance of your first event date.
- Follow seasonal submission chart below. Do not combine dates for two seasons on one request form.
New to FCPS Use of Facilities
A Community User Group will qualify as an approved user group if it meets these conditions:
- Application is made by a Frederick County, Maryland resident
- Provides proof of non-profit 501c3 organization – Copy of IRS approval letter
- Provides acceptable certificate of insurance (COI) within 7 days of submitting a request for an account (sample COI to send to your insurance provider)
- Instructions to register for a new CUG organization account or log-in for an existing CUG account
- Video on the registration process
|SEASONAL UOF REQUEST FORM SUBMISSION TIMELINE – Priority Groups 2-5*|
|Season/Event Dates||Submission Period||Processed by School|
|FY24: June 1, 2023-August 22, 2023**||FY24: Mar 1-15, 2023||FY24: Mar 22, 2023|
|FY24: August 23-November 30, 2023||FY24: June 1-15, 2023||FY24: June 22, 2023|
|FY24: December 1, 2023-February 29, 2024||FY24: Oct 1-15, 2023||FY24: Oct 22, 2023|
|FY23: Mar 1, 2023-May 31, 2023**||FY23: Jan 1-15, 2023||FY23: Jan 22, 2023|
|FY24: Mar 1, 2024-June 5, 2024**||FY24: Jan 1-15, 2024||FY24: Jan 22, 2024|
* Only request forms submitted during the two-week submission period will be considered for a shared usage arrangement with other CUGs, if required. Request forms may be submitted after the submission period for a current season, but will be considered based only on availability of the space.
**Coincides with approved School Calendarfor the first and last day of school for students; end of year could be extended due to inclement weather dates.
Priority 1 Groups (including PTA/Booster) may submit request forms at any time throughout the school year.
Instructions to determine the status of buildings or fields for CUG events.
High School Auditorium Usage
- Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions
- High School Auditorium Standard Operating Procedures
- High School Auditorium Usage Form (required to be completed and emailed to Contact shown below)
Request to Mow/Maintain an FCPS Field
- Special permission is required; see UOF Standard Operating Procedures (link above)
- Complete and email the following documents to Contact shown below
- Agreement form so principal’s approval can be obtained.
- COI to Mow/Maintain FCPS Field – additional coverage required
Other Organizations Responsible for Booking FCPS Gyms and Fields
City of Frederick Parks & Recreation:
- Gym and Fields: Butterfly Ridge ES, Governor Thomas Johnson MS, Lincoln ES, Whittier ES
- Fields Only: Hillcrest ES, Monocacy ES, Monocacy MS, North Frederick ES, Parkway ES, Waverley ES*
*Field not available until Spring 2024
Frederick County Parks & Recreation:
- Gym and Fields: Centerville ES, Deer Crossing ES, Middletown PS, Oakdale ES, Sugarloaf ES, Thurmont MS, Tuscarora ES, Walkersville ES, Rock Creek School (gym only for adaptive programming)
Town of Mount Airy:
- Fields Only: Twin Ridge ES
Deb Walukonis, FCPS Use of Facilities Coordinator