Use of FCPS Facilities
Community User Groups
Terms, Conditions, and Procedures for Use of Facilities (UOF)
- Board of Education Policy 203
- FCPS Regulation 203-01
- UOF Standard Operating Procedures - SOP includes protocols, cancellation policy, invoicing policy, etc.
NOTE: Cancellations must be made in writing to contact below at least 48 hours prior to the event date or by Thursday at noon prior to a weekend event date. See SOP above for full details.
- UOF Priority Groups List
- UOF Fee Schedule
Approved/Existing Community User Groups (CUG)
- Instructions to view a particular school’s UOF calendar and details of events on a particular date (available to all; you do not need to be an approved CUG or have a registered login to view)
- Video on submitting a request form
- Submit only a Normal Schedule Format request form (allows up to 20 event dates) at least 10 days in advance of your first event date.
- Follow seasonal submission chart below. Do not combine dates for two seasons on one request form.
New to FCPS Use of Facilities
A Community User Group will qualify as an approved user group if it meets these conditions:
- Application is made by a Frederick County, Maryland resident
- Provides proof of non-profit 501c3 organization – Copy of IRS approval letter
- Provides acceptable certificate of insurance (COI) within 7 days of submitting a request for an account (sample COI to send to your insurance provider)
- Instructions to register for a new CUG organization account or log-in for an existing CUG account
- Video on the registration process
|SEASONAL UOF REQUEST FORM SUBMISSION TIMELINE – Priority Groups 2-5*|
|Season/Event Dates||Submission Period||Processed by School|
|FY24: June 1, 2023-August 22, 2023**||FY24: Mar 1-15, 2023||FY24: Mar 22, 2023|
|FY24: August 23-November 30, 2023||FY24: June 1-15, 2023||FY24: June 22, 2023|
|FY24: December 1, 2023-February 29, 2024||FY24: Oct 1-15, 2023||FY24: Oct 22, 2023|
|FY24: Mar 1, 2024-June 5, 2024**||FY24: Jan 1-15, 2024||FY24: Jan 22, 2024|
* Only request forms submitted during the two-week submission period will be considered for a shared usage arrangement with other CUGs, if required. Request forms may be submitted after the submission period for a current season, but will be considered based only on availability of the space.
**Coincides with approved School Calendarfor the first and last day of school for students; end of year could be extended due to inclement weather dates.
Priority 1 Groups (including PTA/Booster) may submit request forms at any time throughout the school year.
High School Auditorium Usage
- Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions
- High School Auditorium Standard Operating Procedures
- High School Auditorium Usage Form (required to be completed and emailed to Contact shown below)
Request to Mow/Maintain an FCPS Field
- Special permission is required; see UOF Standard Operating Procedures (link above)
- Complete and email the following documents to Contact shown below
Other Organizations Responsible for Booking FCPS Gyms and Fields
City of Frederick Parks & Recreation:
- Gym and Fields: Butterfly Ridge ES, Governor Thomas Johnson MS, Lincoln ES, Whittier ES
- Fields Only: Hillcrest ES, Monocacy ES, Monocacy MS, North Frederick ES, Parkway ES, Waverley ES*
*Field not available until Spring 2024
Frederick County Parks & Recreation:
- Gym and Fields: Brunswick ES, Centerville ES, Deer Crossing ES, Middletown PS, Oakdale ES, Sugarloaf ES, Thurmont MS, Tuscarora ES, Walkersville ES, Rock Creek School (gym only for adaptive programming)
Town of Mount Airy:
- Fields Only: Twin Ridge ES