Worker's Compensation

Joseph Whipp
Risk & Safety Manager

(301) 644-5219

Corrine Ivey
Workers Compensation Specialist

(301) 644-5272

The Origami portal for reporting workers compensation injuries is open. All workplace injuries must be reported through this portal beginning August 17.

Insurance Coverage

FCPS provides Workers' Compensation Insurance coverage if you are injured or become ill as a result of your FCPS employment. You must report any work-related injury or illness to your supervisor immediately.

How to report a Workers' Compensation Injury at FCPS

  1. Navigate to Workers Compensation Injury Report
  2. Click <Submit a New Claim>
  3. Complete the form
  4. Make sure all information is correct
  5. Click <Submit>

For serious injuries, please contact the Risk and Safety office immediately: 301-644-5272 or 240-549-9415

The Administrative Secretary at your location is also able to assist in this process.

Medical Treatment

While you may treat at any facility that accepts Workers' Compensation rates, our preferred provider is Frederick Health Employer Solutions (FHES).

Frederick Health Employer Solutions
490-L Prospect Blvd
Frederick, MD 21701
Phone: (240) 566-3001
Fax: (240) 566-3003

All medical notes must be submitted to the Risk and Safety Office.

See your Negotiated Agreement for a list of preferred providers.

                FASSE: Article VII, Section 7.2
                FCTA:  Article XXX
                FCASA:  Article VIII, Section 8.11

Lost Time Compensation

You may qualify for temporary total disability benefits or partial disability benefits if your case is compensable and appropriate medical documentation is submitted. Your MABE adjuster will make this determination. 

If you treated at a preferred provider, any lost time will be supplemented by FCPS.  Otherwise, your time will be covered using your own available sick, personal, or vacation leave.  Please see your Negotiated Agreements for details, same articles as listed above.

Returning to Work

After you seek treatment, your doctor will determine if you are able to work, and if you have restrictions on your work capabilities. This documentation must be submitted to the Risk and Safety Office and your Supervisor immediately. 

If your regular department can accommodate your restrictions, you will report to work as usual.  If not, you must contact the Risk and Safety Office to seek an opportunity for a temporary transitional duty assignment.  

Please note that MABE will not cover time off if you fail to seek a temporary transitional duty assignment.

Workers' Compensation Insurance Company

FCPS Workers' Compensation insurance carrier for workplace injuries is Maryland Association for Boards of Education (MABE). MABE’s contact information and billing address is the following:

Maryland Association for Boards of Education (MABE)
621 Ridgely Ave, Suite 301
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone: (410) 841-5414
Fax: (410) 841-5424

Maryland Workers' Compensation Commission

Details on current Maryland law, policy, etc. can be found at

Additional Resources

Preferred Providers