FCPS Employee Benefits
COVID-19 Resources for Employees
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA), a new federal mandate and expansion of current Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) regulations, will go into effect starting April 1, 2020. The FFCRA codifies the availability of paid sick leave if an employee is unable to work due to the COVID-19 virus, as well as defines other benefits that may be available due to lack of child care. Because the FFCRA and COVID-19 may impact employees differently, links to Department of Labor (DOL) documents that summarize the FFCRA are included below for your reference.
- Employers: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-employer-paid-leave
- Employees: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-employee-paid-leave
- Questions and Answers Sheet: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions
- FFCRA Employee Rights Workplace Positing
- Form: Request Emergency Paid Sick Leave
- Form: Request Expanded Family Medical Leave (must be employed for 30 days to request leave)
To submit a request for Emergency Paid Sick Leave or Expanded Family and Medical Leave, submit documentation to Benefits.Office@fcps.org or fax to 301-644-5122.
Prescription Drug Plan:
Employee Assistance Program
- Online Webinar: Keep Calm and Carry On
- Inova Employee Assistance COVID-19 Update
- Quick Links to COVID-19 Resources
Welcome to the Frederick County Public Schools (FCPS) benefit website. We are excited to have you join us. FCPS values our employees and knows you are the heart and soul of what we do. FCPS is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit package, which further supports our employees in their health and work-life balance and helps us achieve the Goals of the FCPS Board of Education.
FCPS offers some of the best health, dental, and vision plans available, with affordable options designed to fit the needs of you and your family. FCPS offers access to tuition reimbursement, retirement accounts, a credit union partner, and many other benefits that you can find out more about within the next several pages. Additionally, the FCPS “Deals 4U” offers discounts and programs from organizations and retailers that aim to meet the personal and professional interests of our employees.
We encourage you and your family to become familiar with this website. Inside, you will find detailed information about your employee benefits program including;
- benefit summaries
- claim forms
- administrative forms
- customer service numbers
- direct links to the insurance carriers
- contact information for employee benefit assistance
- tuition benefits
The Board of Education of Frederick County and the recognized employee bargaining groups (FCTA, FASSE, and FCASA) jointly reserve the right to modify or amend, in whole or in part, any or all plan provisions at any time.