Library Media Services
Every Frederick County public school has a library media center staffed by a media specialist. Our media centers help classroom learning and promote literacy, independent learning, and the responsible use of information and information technology.
Students can search their school’s library media catalog from home. To search your school’s media catalog, visit You See More.
Your child can access online databases at home for school assignments and personal enrichment. Contact your school’s media specialist for login and password information.
FCPS staff and the public are encouraged to use the broad range of resources and online catalog in our Professional Library.
FCPS encourages the community to review proposed textbooks, according to FCPS Regulation 500-38, Textbook Review, Selection, and Approval. On the Textbook Review page, FCPS regularly posts information on how, where, and when to review textbooks.
For other instructional materials and library books, FCPS staff follow these Guidelines for the Selection and Approval of Instructional Materials when selecting instructional materials for use in schools.
What Library Media Specialists Do
- Promote reading for pleasure and learning
- Provide resources that reflect the curriculum and individual interests.
- Help students locate, retrieve, evaluate, analyze and use information.
- Teach students to use reference materials, take notes, cite sources.
- Integrate technology into instruction.
- Advocate ethical behavior in use of technology.
- Collaborate with teachers about teaching and learning.