Library Media Services
Every Frederick County public school has a library media center staffed by a media specialist. Our media centers help classroom learning and promote literacy, independent learning, and the responsible use of information and information technology.
Students can search their school’s library media catalog from home. To search your school’s media catalog, visit You See More.
Your child can access online databases at home for school assignments and personal enrichment. Contact your school’s media specialist for login and password information.
FCPS staff and the public are encouraged to use the broad range of resources and online catalog in our Professional Library.
FCPS encourages the community to review proposed textbooks and materials. We regularly post information on how, where, and when to review textbooks.
What Library Media Specialists Do
• Promote reading for pleasure and learning
• Provide resources that reflect the curriculum and individual interests.
• Help students locate, retrieve, evaluate, analyze and use information.
• Teach students to use reference materials, take notes, cite sources.
• Integrate technology into instruction.
• Advocate ethical behavior in use of technology.
• Collaborate with teachers about teaching and learning.