This is an exciting time for Frederick County Public Schools (FCPS) as we celebrate the Class of 2021 with in-person graduation ceremonies held at high school stadiums.
FCPS graduations will be held Tuesday, June 1 through Friday, June 4. The full schedule is posted online: https://www.fcps.org/student-services/graduation-2021. Here, you will see the times of each graduation and other pertinent information, including links to YouTube channels where the ceremonies will be livestreamed.
“We are looking forward to celebrating the Class of 2021 at in-person graduation ceremonies next week,” FCPS Superintendent Dr. Terry Alban said. “When I met with graduates at each high school, they shared valuable feedback with me about their experiences with FCPS. I know they will make us proud.”
The following reminders are in effect to ensure a safe and enjoyable graduation:
- Please carpool as parking is very limited
- Face coverings are encouraged for guests
- Face coverings are required for students and staff when moving around the stadium
- Staff and student face coverings will be allowed to be removed when seated socially distanced from other graduates
- Graduates will be able to remove their mask when crossing the stage to receive their diploma and pose for a graduation photo
- All graduates can invite four guests for the in-person ceremony
- Water and hand sanitizer will be available for all guests.
Schools will be sending out additional information about specifics for each campus to help guests plan for this important event.