Eight Frederick County Public Schools support employees have been recognized in the 2023 Support Employees of the Year Award program.
The exemplary employees are:
- School-based Custodian of the Year - Anthony Platt, Walkersville Elementary;
- School-based Special Education Instructional Assistant of the Year - Ionie Martin, Frederick Classical Charter School;
- School-based Food Service Employee of the Year - Esther Snyder, Middletown High;
- Bus Assistant of the Year - Kimberly Lescalleet, Transportation;
- School-based Secretary of the Year - Lacee Andrew, Catoctin High;
- Central Office Business & Instructional Support Employee of the Year - Sheila Kahler, Early Childhood Education;
- Central Office Maintenance Employee of the Year - Todd Imes, Maintenance & Operations.
- Central Office Secretary of the Year – Faye Zimmerman
From this list of eight, one school-based and one central office Support Employee of the Year will be announced at the April 19 Board of Education meeting when the entire group is honored. The two overall winners will each receive a cash award, a personal day off, special trophy and Board of Education pin. All category winners will receive trophies and certificates.