Additional Information

Immunizations and Health Records

The following are required to enroll a student in a Maryland public school for the first time.

  • Verification of all state-required immunizations, recorded on Department of Health and Mental Hygiene form 896 Immunization Certificate.
  • Schools also require that you fill out a Health Information Card for your child. We send this form home at the start of every school year or when you enroll.
  • Documentation of a recent physical exam, recorded on the Maryland Schools Record of Physical Examination.
  • Pre-k and kindergarten students may require evidence of blood lead testing if the student resides or has ever resided in an area designated as at-risk by the Maryland Targeting Plan for Childhood Lead Poisoning. The Blood Lead Testing Certificate form 4620 (or another written document signed by a healthcare practitioner) can meet this requirement.
  • Exemptions from immunizations, a physical examination and blood lead testing are permitted if they are contrary to a students' or family's religious beliefs. Students may also be exempted from immunization requirements if a physician/nurse practitioner or health department official certifies that there is a medical reason for the student not to receive a vaccine.
  • Lack of these records may cause delayed enrollment or exclusion from school. For assistance in obtaining immunizations or a physical examination, please contact the health staff in your child's school or contact FCPS Health Services.
  • FCPS encourages medical and dental exams for students entering middle school to help identify health concerns that may affect educational performance. All students who participate in interscholastic sports must have a physical exam before the sport begins.

Student Information Form

School offices maintain a Student Information Form for every child and refer to it anytime there is a question, concern or emergency. Parents will receive an email with instructions on how to complete the online student information form. If a parent does not have an email address or wishes to complete a paper form, they may contact their school. 


FCPS does not have insurance coverage for students' personal property. Students are responsible for their personal property. Limited student accident insurance may be purchased through a company approved to offer the program through Maryland schools. A football accident policy is also available. Consult with your insurance agent to see if policies you already hold provide adequate coverage. FCPS does not endorse these programs and does not handle claims or associated problems.

The Maryland Children's Health Program offers health insurance for children up to age 19 and pregnant women of any age from low to average income families. Applications are available in school health rooms or by contacting the Frederick County Health Department.

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.