* Para ver esta información en español, utilice la función “Google Translate” en la parte inferior de esta página.
FCPS Health Hub
Frederick County Public Schools welcomed students back for in-person learning five days per week in 2021-22 with a virtual option for families who choose that option. In this informational hub, you will find our School Opening Plan and our complete response to COVID-19 positive cases when they are reported to Frederick County Public Schools.
FCPS is updating its health metrics dashboard twice per week
The FCPS Health Metrics Dashboard is updated on Mondays and Wednesdays with the latest COVID-19 positive cases reported by school. We also share terminology definitions, Frederick County health metrics data, and Maryland school outbreaks, which is updated by the Maryland Department of Health.
FCPS response when a positive COVID-19 test is reported
We have created these infographics to share the immediate steps taken when a positive case is reported to FCPS:
How contact tracing works
When a positive COVID-19 case is reported, FCPS begins contact tracing to identify close contacts. These inforgraphics share our process:
Our communication when COVID-19 positives are reported
Once contact tracing is completed, we begin the communication process to inform families and employees of positive cases. Listed below are letters sent for various circumstances:
- Individual is considered a close contact
- Individual is considered a close contact and is vaccinated
- Staff notification of a positive COVID-19 test
- Community notification of a positive COVID-19 test when not a close contact
Variety of Instructional Supports for Students During Quarantine
- Instructional Supports for Students in the 2021-22 School Year
- Apoyos de Instrucción para los Estudiantes en el Año Escolar 2021-22
Questions about our cleaning and disinfecting process? Need more details about how our buildings are being ventilated? Curious about our contact tracing quarantine protocols and procedures? These videos help answer many commonly asked questions:
School COVID-19 Call Center: