* Para ver esta información en español, utilice la función “Google Translate” en la parte inferior de esta página.
FCPS COVID-19 Information
Frederick County Public Schools welcomed students back for in-person learning five days per week in 2022-23 with a virtual option for families who choose that option. In this informational hub, you will find our School Opening Plan and our complete response to COVID-19 positive cases when they are reported to Frederick County Public Schools.
Fall 2022 Opening
COVID-19 Vaccine Update
CDC provides information regarding recommendations and eligibility for all COVID-19 vaccines including boosters.
The Frederick County Health Department (FCHD) offers all COVID-19 vaccinations including boosters. Click here to schedule a convenient time to receive your recommended COVID-19 vaccine during the month of September. If FCHD doesn’t offer a day, time, or location that works for you, you can click here to find one that does.
FCPS COVID-19 Procedures
We continue to implement many mitigation strategies recommended to reduce the incidence of COVID-19 transmission in our schools.
- COVID-19 Procedures, August 17, 2022
- COVID-19 Current Mitigation Strategies, September 16, 2022
- COVID-19 Tiered Mitigation Strategies, September 16, 2022
- COVID-19 Response Update to the Board of Education, September 28, 2022
Face coverings update
At this time, except in school health rooms, face coverings are encouraged but no longer required inside all school buildings.
Frequently asked questions about our COVID-19 response
We have updated our Frequently Asked Questions about our response to the COVID-19 global health crisis. This page is regularly updated.
Our communication when COVID-19 positives are reported
When new cases of COVID-19 are reported to FCPS we begin the communication process to inform families and employees of positive cases. Listed below are letters sent for various circumstances:
- Staff Notification Letter
- Cohort Outbreak Letter
- School Outbreak Letter
- Student/Family Communication for Positive COVID-19 Test
Instructional Supports for Students During COVID-19 Related Absences
- Instructional Supports for Students in the 2021-22 School Year
- Apoyos de Instrucción para los Estudiantes en el Año Escolar 2021-22
Questions about our cleaning and disinfecting process? Need more details about how our buildings are being ventilated? Curious about our contact tracing quarantine protocols and procedures? These videos help answer many commonly asked questions: