“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” - Nelson Mandela
Frederick County Public Schools is committed to developing, equipping, empowering, and retaining educators who are student driven and put the needs of students first.
Goals of Teacher Advancement:
- Build educator capacity through the connection, collaboration, and relationship building with all FCPS teachers.
- Support educators on their professional learning journey, from striving to meet student needs to attaining professional advancement goals.
FCPS supports Teacher Advancement in the following areas:
- Face-to-face & virtual information sessions
- Partnerships with local higher education institutions
- FCPS partners with MSDE for credit opportunities
- FCPS offers support sessions for educators interested in pursuing National Board Certification or for current NBCTs pursuing maintenance of certification
Additional pertinent information for staff:
- Employee Induction and Professional Learning
- FCPS Teacher Advancement Information
- National Board Certification