Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE) Request Guidelines

According to state and federal special education laws, parents/guardians have the right to an Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE) of their child at public expense if they disagree with an evaluation of the child conducted by the district. Parents, you may submit a request orally or in writing for an IEE to your child’s school or the Office of Special Education at 301-644-5281 or via email at The Frederick County Public Schools (FCPS) has established the following procedures for obtaining an IEE and criteria for the selection of an appropriate evaluator.