Contact the Ombuds
Contact the Ombuds When You:
- Don't know where to go for help
- Have trouble finding the information or process that you need
- Would appreciate a confidential sounding board
- Need an impartial perspective
- Are uncertain about taking a problem through other established channels
- Want help thinking through how to deal directly with a challenging situation
- Want to discuss strategies or possible options and resources to resolve a concern
- Feel that communication with FCPS may have broken down
About the Ombuds
Sabrina Nail is the Ombuds for Frederick County Public Schools. She was hired in April 2019 and has helped to create the Office of the Ombuds in accordance with Board of Education Policy 107. Sabrina has an extensive background providing excellent customer service to diverse populations and is skilled in communication and conflict resolution. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in family and consumer science at the University of Maryland, College Park, and has worked more than two decades as a senior claims specialist for multiple insurance companies. She has also served seven years as a director of religious education. In each of these roles she honed her strengths in listening to build rapport and cultivate relationships with poise and proficiency in complex situations. She knows how to maintain confidentiality, conduct research, interpret policy language and problem solve. All of these skills provide a strong foundation to carry out the Ombuds roles and responsibilities. Sabrina is a member of the International Ombuds Association.
Contact the Ombuds, Sabrina Nail, by Phone 301-696-6852; by email Ombuds@fcps.org or by completing the below form.