Schoology Learning Management System (LMS)
Parent Quick Links
Schoology is Frederick County Public Schools selected learning management system to support course management, mobile learning, communication and collaboration opportunities PK-12. During the school year, all teachers will use the Schoology gradebook. Assignment grades will be visible for PK-12 while course averages will be available for Grades 6-12.
This playlist of 10 videos covers many of the important functions that students will need to know when they start using Schoology. It covers:
- Logging into Chrome
- Logging into Schoology (and Clever)
- Schoology Overview (Elementary)
- Schoology Overview (Secondary)
- Schoology Overview - Course Deep Dive
- Set Homepage to Course Dashboard
- Messaging a Teacher
- Recording Audio/Video
- Responding to a Discussion
- Completing Google Assignments in Schoology
Additional Supports to help Students:
- Schoology Troubleshooting Document for Students, Parents and Daycare Providers
- Submit Photo of Student Work from Chromebook
- Submit Photo of Student Work from IOS App
- Submit Photo of Student Work from Android App
Parent Connectivity and Support
- Connect to your students in Schoology. Make sure you have your child’s unique 12-digit code Parent Access Code available to set up your account. You only need to do this one time for each child.
How to Create a Parent Account: Video Directions Written Directions
Registrase somo padres para obtener una cuenta de Schoology nueva. Use el código de acceso para quedar automáticamente asociado a su hijo. (Video- Registrase Como Padres)
Note: Parent Access Codes are sent via email to parents of new enrollments and any student who does not have a parent connection in Schoology. Students must have an FCPS username and password for parents to receive a Parent Access Code.
Note: FCPS employees must create a personal Schoology account with your personal email. Use the Linking Account Instructions to toggle between your personal and professional account.
- Setup Your Notifications to customize your Schoology experience and receive updates about your child’s grades and activity in Schoology. Don’t forget to add your phone number to receive customized push notifications.
- Get the Schoology App on your device.
Download the Schoology App on your mobile device today.
- Have Your Schoology Account? Click on our Parent View playlist to see all our parent account training videos or select from the menu below to create the best user experience.
- Video: Schoology Overview (Elementary) (Secondary)
- Video: Schoology Overview- Course Deep Dive
- Video: How To Contact Your Student's Teacher In Schoology - FCPS
- Video: Looking Up Grades - Enrollments Screen and Grade Report
- Video: Looking Up Grades - Course Level
- Video: Looking Up Grades - Email Digest
What Should I Expect in Schoology?
If a teacher uses the Schoology gradebook, parents can expect the following:
- Access to digital assignment submissions in Schoology directly through the gradebook.
- Note: Google Drive assignments are not viewable to parents because Google access is restricted to students and teachers
If a teacher uses Schoology as an instructional tool, parents can expect to view:
- The learning experience delivered through the platform
- Your child’s activity in the course, including but not limited to:
- Submitted and missing assignments
- Posts (text and media) your child created
If a teacher uses Schoology as a communication tool, parents can expect the following:
- Classroom communication such as announcements about assignments and classroom updates
- FCPS systemic communications such as school closings will still be shared through FindOutFirst
What to remember as you engage with Schoology:
- Students must be logged into Chrome with their FCPS username and password to have the best Schoology experience.
- FCPS usernames and passwords are distributed by the school
Personal data currently stored within Schoology is used to create student accounts and to deliver instruction. As part of our contractual agreement, all user data is strictly prohibited from being sold, released or disclosed for any purpose not required by the contract. Information used by the third-party vendors is limited to generic information not directly identifiable to a specific user. Below is a list of relevant FCPS policies related to data privacy.
We are confident that over time Schoology will give parents opportunities to engage more in their children’s learning experience and stay connected more than ever before. We are excited to introduce Schoology to the FCPS community.