Schoology Learning Management System (LMS)
Parent Quick Links
- Home Access Center (HAC)
- Schoology - Parent Login
- Schoology - Student Login
- Schoology "How To" Videos for Students
During the 2019-2020 school year, all middle schools and high schools will use the Schoology gradebook. Assignment grades and course averages will be visible in Schoology. Attendance, interim, term and final grades will appear in HAC.
This playlist of 6 videos covers many of the important functions that students will need to know when they start using Schoology. It covers:
- Logging into Chrome
- Logging into Schoology (and Clever)
- Messaging a Teacher
- Recording Audio/Video
- Responding to a Discussion
- Completing Google Assignments in Schoology
Parent Connectivity and Support
- Connect to your students in Schoology. Make sure you have your child’s unique 12-digit code Parent Access Code available to set up your account. You only need to do this one time for each child.
How to Create a Parent Account: Video Directions Written Directions
REGISTRASE COMO PADRES para obtener una cuenta de Schoology nueva. Use el código de acceso para quedar automáticamente asociado a su hijo. (Video- Registrase Como Padres)
Note: Middle and High school parents can find Parent Access Codes under the registrar tab in their HAC account.
Note: FCPS employees must create a personal Schoology account with your personal email. Use the Linking Account Instructions to toggle between your personal and professional account.
- Setup Your Notifications to customize your Schoology experience and receive updates about your child’s grades and activity in Schoology. Don’t forget to add your phone number to receive customized push notifications.
- Get the Schoology App on your device.
Download the Schoology App on your mobile device today.
- Have Your Schoology Account? Watch these short videos to create the best user experience.
What Should I Expect in Schoology?
If a teacher uses the Schoology gradebook, parents can expect the following:
- Access to digital assignment submissions in Schoology directly through the gradebook.
- Note: Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, etc. are not viewable to parents because Google access is restricted to students and teachers)
If a teacher uses Schoology as an instructional tool, parents can expect to view:
- The learning experience delivered through the platform
- Your child’s activity in the course, including but not limited to:
- Submitted and missing assignments
- Posts (text and media) your child created
If a teacher uses Schoology as a communication tool, parents can expect the following:
- Classroom communication such as announcements about assignments and classroom updates
- FCPS systemic communications such as school closings will still be shared through FindOutFirst
What to remember as you engage with Schoology:
- Parent Access Codes for Schoology will be distributed by your school.
- Though parents will see all the child’s courses in Schoology, some may have no activity because the teacher is not using Schoology.
- For Middle and High School, term, interim and final grades of record will be available in the Home Access Center.
Personal data currently stored within Schoology is used to create student accounts and to deliver instruction. As part of our contractual agreement, all user data is strictly prohibited from being sold, released or disclosed for any purpose not required by the contract. Information used by the third-party vendors is limited to generic information not directly identifiable to a specific user. Below is a list of relevant FCPS policies related to data privacy.
We are confident that over time Schoology will give parents opportunities to engage more in their children’s learning experience and stay connected more than ever before. We are excited to introduce Schoology to the FCPS community.