Schoology Learning Management System (LMS)
FCPS launched the Schoology learning management system (LMS) in the 2018-2019 school year. Schoology provides course management, mobile learning, and communication tools. It enables students, parents and teachers to engage with learning materials in a safe, secure, single sign-on environment. Teachers may choose to use Schoology to engage students in learning and/or enhance connectivity and communication.
Teachers will notify parents if they plan on using Schoology for the 2018-2019 school year.
If a teacher uses Schoology as an instructional tool, parents can expect to view:
- The learning experience delivered through the platform
- Your child’s activity in the course, including but not limited to:
- Submitted and missing assignments
- Posts (text and media) your child created
If a teacher uses Schoology as the gradebook, parents can expect the following:
- Access to digital assignment submissions directly through the gradebook.
- Note: Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, etc. are not viewable to parents because Google access is restricted to students and teachers)
If a teacher uses Schoology as a communication tool, parents can expect the following:
- Classroom communication such as announcements about assignments and classroom updates
- FCPS systemic communications such as school closings will still be shared through FindOutFirst
What to remember as you engage with Schoology:
- Parent Access Codes for Schoology will be distributed by your school.
- Though parents will see all the child’s courses in Schoology, some may have no activity because the teacher is not using Schoology. Only teachers that have notified parents about using Schoology in their classroom will have activity in the platform.
- Term, interim and final grades of record will be available in the Home Access Center.
We are confident that over time Schoology will give parents opportunities to engage more in their children’s learning experience and stay connected more than ever before. We are excited to introduce Schoology to the FCPS community.
How Do Parents Get Connected to Schoology?
Information Coming Soon!