Aspirational Goal 4
Aspirational Goal 4: FCPS will nurture relationships with families and the entire community, sharing responsibility for student success and demonstrating pride in all aspects of our school system.
Priority 7: FCPS will encourage and sustain collaborations with families and the entire community to support student success.
Priority 8: FCPS will equip staff with the knowledge and tools necessary to be positive ambassadors who build support for our goals and initiatives.
Online Grading Tools - Schoology
|Schoology Accounts SY2021||All||ES||MS||HS|
|# of students where at least one parent has an account||n||32,680||15,021||8,182||9,477|
*Percent of student enrollment
|School Level||Number of Parent Conferences Slots Filled*|
|Prior Reporting||Fall 2020|
|Fall 2016||Fall 2017|
89% slots filled
52% slots filled
*School representatives submit conference schedules to central staff
|Total Followers / New Followers||33,536 / 2,939|
|Twitter views*||5.343 M|
|Total Followers / New Followers||9,008 / 3,234|
|Total page views***||7.211 M|
|Total viewers (not unique)||961,946|
Note: Designation of parents actively using social media is not available and/or tracked. The data above reflect all users--staff, students, parents/guardians, community members, and/or other stakeholders or end users.
Other Systemic Communications
|FindOutFirst||Total # of subscribers*||84,902|
|Employee News||Total # of subscribers*||8,576|
|FCPS Insider E-Newsletter||Five newsletters in 2021:||
|Superintendent's Update||Since weekly in February||
|High School Livestream||Sports - Total # of views||370,214|
|Graduation - Total # of views||40,057|
*Includes staff, students, parents/guardians, community members
Reinventing communications to meet community needs during health crisis
- Data-driven approach for web services: links on home page directly to resources the community is regularly utilizing
- Noteworthy engagement for livestreamed events
- Robust virtual engagement for community meetings
- Weekly e-newsletter –open rate of 75%
- Three types of FCPS partnerships: systemic, departmental and school-based.
2019-2020 School Year:
- # systemic/departmental active partnerships*: 234 **
- # school-based active partnerships: 1151**
- Superintendent's Business Breakfast quarterly
- Annual Partnership Report published at www.fcps.org/centraloffice/partnership-report
* Departmental partnerships often support systemic efforts; therefore, the two are combined for reporting.
** Numbers are unique in each category—systemic/departmental and school-based; however, a business may have a partnership at thesystemic level as well as school-based. Likewise, businesses may have multiple partnership with individual schools.
- Family survey to be administered in the late winter/early spring of the 2022 school year.