LYNX partnerships vary, but there are some general expectations of business and community partners. The main expectation of all partners is the ability to interact with and impart career-based knowledge to high school students.
Partners should be able to discuss their chosen career and provide advice to students to help them identify whether a specific career would be a good option for them.
Partners work with LYNX students during the school year, though the exact time commitment depends on partner interest and availability.
LYNX partners can engage with students in a variety of ways outlined on the LYNX Experiential Learning continuum:
Experiential Learning with LYNX Partners
- Career Exploration & Exposure
- On-campus interactions
- Off-campus experiences
- "Soft Skills" Speaker Series & Mentoring
- Employability skills
- Workplace expectations
- LYNX Work Placements & Internships
- Opportunity to apply soft skills
- Career experience in workplace
- Work Study & MD Youth Apprenticeship
- Part-time employment
- On-the-job training: hard skills