Crestwood Area Redistricting Study
Scope of Work
The purpose of this redistricting study is to adjust attendance boundaries between Crestwood, Ballenger Creek, Gov. Thomas Johnson (west of the Monocacy River), West Frederick, and Monocacy middle schools in order to balance enrollments between these schools once the addition to Crestwood MS has been completed. This redistricting is in conjunction with an addition to Crestwood Middle. Elementary schools included in this redistricting study are Ballenger Creek, Butterfly Ridge, Carroll Manor, Hillcrest, Lewistown (Monocacy Middle school feeder portion), Lincoln, Monocacy, North Frederick, Orchard Grove, Parkway, Spring Ridge (west of the Monocacy River), Tuscarora, Waverley, Whittier, and Yellow Springs; high schools included in this study are Frederick, Governor Thomas Johnson (west of the Monocacy River), and Tuscarora. These elementary and high school boundaries will be adjusted as necessary to preserve feeder patterns.
FCPS facilities planning staff will lead the redistricting study. Transportation, fiscal services, curriculum, and communication staff, as well as school administration, will also assist with the study. The redistricting study will be guided by Board of Education Policy 200 and Regulation 100-02.
The schedule for the study:
- BOE establishes scope of work and study area – October 2022
- FCPS staff gathers and evaluates data – December 2022 – March 2023
- Community engagement – March – September 2023
- Superintendent’s recommended attendance boundaries presented to BOE – May 2023
- BOE Public Hearing – TBD - A new hearing date will be determined for the fall and posted here when scheduled.
- BOE Action – TBD - A new date for BOE action will be determined for the fall/winter and posted here when scheduled.
- Implementation of revised attendance boundaries – August 2024
Facilities Planning Department
- Link to BoardDocs
- Crestwood Area Redistricting Report (very large file may take a moment to load)
- Informe de Redistribución de Distritos del Área de Crestwood (archivo muy grande puede tardar unos momentos en cargarse)
- Interactive Map
Click here to open the interactive map. Enter your address in the search button in the upper-left corner of the map and you will be taken to your property. A pop-up box will tell you your current and recommended attendance areas and will indicate if you are affected by a proposed change in attendance area(s).
All meetings are open to all school communities who are included in the redistricting study area.
Sign language or English language interpreting services can be provided for meetings and public hearings. Please go to https://www.fcps.org/special-education/sign-language-interpreting-request-process for more information.
FCPS understands the significant impact a redistricting has on multiple school communities, families and students. We have heard the request for consideration of additional options and the need for additional community meetings to comment on any new options. Over the summer, FCPS staff will evaluate the feedback received so far and develop an additional option or options for discussion with the community in the fall. Staff will work with the Board of Education to revise the current schedule, and allow for any additional options to be presented to the community in August and September 2023. While a vote to approve or reject the recommendation was originally scheduled for September 13, 2023, the original project schedule will be revised to reflect the additional community engagement opportunities. The redistricting study schedule will be updated on the website as dates become finalized.
We're sorry, no events were found for this calendar.
Board of Education Video Presentation, May 3, 2023
To access the subtitles in another language, press the “CC” button, then press the “Settings” button, select “Subtitles” then “Auto Translate” and choose the desired language.
Board of Education Presentation, May 3, 2023 English | Español
Community Meeting Presentation April 3, 2023
Presentación de la Reunión Comunitaria, 3 de abril de 2023
Note: large files may take a moment to appear
- Planning Block Map - Neighborhoods have been divided into planning blocks for the purposes of this study. Click here to find your planning block.
- Study Area Map: Elementary Schools
- Study Area Map: Middle Schools
- Study Area Map: High Schools